Looking to buy bitcoin in India? or searching for best crypto exchange in India? Here is the list of 12 operational cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) exchanges still working where users can buy and sell bitcoin (+ Altcoin) in India. If you are looking for the best cryptocurrency exchange in India to buy Bitcoin then there are only a few exchanges allowing deposit and withdrawal in Rupee as well through peer to peer model.
Nowadays, trading bitcoins and buying or selling them is growing in India. Various websites are offering these types of bitcoin and altcoins trading services but only certain websites are categorized under the most-trusted category with reference to their easy usage and popularity. There are many Websites and Mobile apps to buy bitcoin in India. Here is the complete list of Best Cryptocurrency Exchange In India (Bitcoin + Altcoins).
Recommended Exchange Articles:
- Best decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges(DEX): For advanced users, trading on decentralized exchanges can be a good idea for better security of the funds as the fund remains within the wallets only. It is not recommended for entry-level users.
- Best P2P crypto Exchanges: P2P exchanges are working on a peer-to-peer model where users transfer funds directly to a second party.
- Different types of cryptocurrency exchanges
Best Crypto Exchange In India
We have prepared a list of Best Indian Cryptocurrency Exchange so that you can choose the best crypto exchange in India to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
WazirX – Best Crypto Exchange In India
Started in 2018, WazirX is the most popular crypto exchange in India that aims to become the most trusted cryptocurrency exchange operating in India. It plans to launch a fully functional crypto exchange that will support different cryptocurrency pairs, WazirX has also introduced its own token, the WRX Coin. WazirX has been acquired by the world’s largest exchange Binance. It offered a huge list of supported coins. While trading on Wazirx users can participate in different competitions and giveaways offered by the exchange from time to time.
- Exchange charges 0% fee on P2P trades and 0.2% fee on spot trades.
- Users can get up to a 50% discount in exchange fee if the fee was paid using WRX tokens.
- Largest cryptocurrency exchange in India (acquired by Binance)
- Supports staking, users can earn passive income for holding PoS coins.
- NFTs: WazirX exchange allows users to create and collect NFTs.
- OTC Counter: The exchange offers OTC (over the counter) trades if you are planning for an order of more than $50k
- Smart Token Funds (STF): Very much similar to Mutual funds, the platform offers users to buy Smart Tokens which means users will allow skilled traders to manage their portfolio.
Visit Wazirx Exchange
Started in 2016, BuyUCoin is the oldest multi-asset crypto exchange still operating in India after the RBI ban. BuyUcoin is another of India’s market leaders in the Cryptocurrency market. It provides an easy and trusted platform to buy, trade, store, and accept many cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, List, NEM, Civic, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and many more.
BuyUcoin is having more than 250k users trading more than 30 crypto assets on the platform. Users can buy cryptocurrencies with the help of their credit cards directly within the exchange. Buy you coin have also added the feature of recurring purchases so that users can invest as a SIP in crypto. BuyUcoin has developed and proposed a framework “sandbox” to regulate cryptocurrencies in India to avoid the possibility of a blanket ban on cryptos in India
- They charge 0% fee using the EZ platform and 0.24% fee on trading.
- Stores 95% of your funds offline to provide unhackable security.
- Fial (INR) currency deposit and withdrawal available without any fee.
- The exchange offers the NFT marketplace to buy and sell NFTs.
- BuyUcoins allows users to invest in crypto with small and recurrent deposits called SIP plans.
- It also offers users OTC trade counter for large-scale orders.
- Users trading on BuyUcoins will get EZ cashback vouchers as a reward for trading.
Visit BuyuCoin Exchange
CoinDCX is another big cryptocurrency exchange in India. CoinDCX provides instant fiat to crypto conversions with zero fees, so that users can have access to a diverse suite of financial products and services that are backed by industry-leading security processes and insurance protection. CoinDCX offers users an integrated suite of products, including DCXinsta, is your one-stop-shop P2P to buy 100+ cryptocurrencies instantly with INR.
CoinDCX also offers lending and staking services to earn passive income through holding their crypto investment. Currently it provides staking for ETH2.0, EOS, NEO, ONe, QTUM, TRX and Tezos (XTZ) coins but rewards percentage is less then what offered by other platforms.
Visit CoinDCX Exchange
Bitbns (think BITcoin Buy and Sell) is India based cryptocurrency exchange which was started by IIT graduates in 2017. After RBI ban P2P is the only way to buy and sell bitcoin. Few Indian exchanges including Bitbns are working with P2P model where users can directly buy and sell cryptocurrency in India directly. Users can start using Bitbns after completing their KYC.
- BitBnS charges a flat fee of 0.25% on trading which is higher than other exchanges.
- First exchange to launch recurring purchase as a SIP in crypto.
Visit Bitbns Exchange
Remitano is a Seychelles based cryptocurrency exchange operating in 30+ countries including India. It is a simple and secure peer-to-peer exchange where users can buy, sell, and trade their major cryptocurrencies including bitcoin. It offers an attractive user interface and a 24×7 support for the users. Available payment methods are bank transfer, cash deposit into the account, and mobile money. Remitano also offers Android and iOS applications to access your account on the go.
Visit Ramitano Exchange
Giottus is a new cryptocurrency exchange that also works with P2P model. They have a quick KYC process and it’s mandatory for all users. For me, it takes around 5 minutes to clear the KYC requirement with a copy of PANCARD and ADHAR. Currently, this exchange supports a list of coins including Bitcoin, Ethereum, BCH, Ripple, and Litecoin. They charge a flat fee of 0.25% for Buy orders while there is no fee for sell orders. Giottus platform is powered by a high-speed order matching engine capable of processing 50k transactions/second. They allow you to withdraw cash through Payments Gateways, NEFT, IMPS, and RGTS.
Visit Giottus Exchange
Zebpay is one of the oldest and largest cryptocurrency exchanges in India. Due to the ban imposed by RBI, Zebpay was moved to malta and also had one office in Singapore as well, and currently, it supports more than 150 countries. Zebpay charge trading fee of 0.15% maker fee and 0.25% taker fee. They also charge different withdrawal fees for different cryptocurrencies. Zebpay app is also available for Android and iOS mobile phones. Download App
Zebpay has also launched crypto lending service. Users can earn fixed interest rate up to 6% for holding their crypto funds in Zebpay wallets.
Coinswitch is basically a global aggregator service of crypto exhcanges which was launched in 2017. In 2020, they launched a mobile app only crypto investment platform called Coinswitch Kuber. Users can buy and sell cryptocurrency from their marketplace with the help of INR deposits.
Visit CoinSwitch Exchange
Founded in 2017 by the team of CrypDates, Colodax is a B2P (Broker to Peer) exchange enabling Indian traders to deposit and withdraw INR seamlessly. Brokers are high-frequency traders affiliated to our exchange. Users will need to complete KYC to trade on our platform. Refer friends now to earn up to 10,000 NPXS tokens. You can trade top cryptocurrencies on Colodax like Bitcoin (BTC), Ripple (XRP), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), etc. Visit Exchange Website
It is a renowned bitcoin company in India and is highly recommended for new bitcoin users due to its user-friendly interface and easy usage facility. An attractive thing of Unocoin is that updates are made periodically with the implementation of various additional features. It is an exclusive platform for those users who made bitcoin investments as a System Investment Plan (SIP). Here, the maximum investment amount is 50 k and the investments are often made on a monthly, weekly or daily basis. The mobile application provided by Unocoin supports the transaction of bitcoins through mobile phones. Download from App Store.
Features of Unocoin:
- Provides security with the help of an option called ‘2-step authentication’.
- Sells bitcoin automatically.
- Offers ‘Over the counter trading’ or OTC trading.
- Offers a strong API integration facility for the purpose of bitcoin payments.
- Delivers human-readable bitcoin wallet addresses with the help of an option called ‘Netki’.
History of Unocoin:
Unocoin was launched in Bangalore on September 28 at the Global bitcoin conference. It has been started with an investment of about 1.5 million US dollars ($1.5 million) made by the US and Indian citizens. At the time of its start, it holds around 30 employees and 100,000 users totally.
Characteristics of SIP or System Investment Plan:
- It is a conservative methodology of acquiring bitcoins.
- It offers low risk and efficiently cuts down the financial expenses.
- It requires a fixed investment amount from the user at regular intervals.
LocalBitcoins is a peer-to-peer exchange for Bitcoins. It is a marketplace where you can buy and sell Bitcoins to and from another user of this site. LocalBitcoins is a global p2p exchange where user can exchange their Bitcoins for fiat currency without ant intermediate channel. Read more on LocalBitcoins.
It works similarly to the concept of Quickr classified in India, traders, create ads with the price, and list the payment method they want to offer. You can browse LocalBitcoin for trade ads and find out listings with a payment method you want.
We will keep this article updated once we find out any new cryptocurrency exchange in India. Please provide your feedback related to the above exchanges in the comment section below.